Your Weekly Food Waste Digest
Last Week in Food Waste:
- Need a new podcast to add to your usual mix? This episode of Impact Hustlers features Tessa Cook, OLIO’s Co-founder and CEO. OLIO is a free food sharing app that launched in 2015.
- In the UK, Tesco relaxes its quality specifications to sell more (and waste less) unusual produce. Green clementine anyone?
- This month, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a new date labeling act into law.
- The NRDC report (reviewed by Eatable) reveals that two-thirds of the food we waste is edible.
- Also, can brewing beer from waste really make a dent on our food waste problem?
- BONUS: Read Harvard Law School’s Food Law & Policy Clinic's toolkit on local food policy and take action!